General Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to hotel contracts and to contracts related to the rental of conference rooms and banquet halls, as well as to all services and deliveries provided to the customer (guest / organiser / orderer) by Schloßhotel Ingelfingen. Derogations shall not apply unless they are expressly acknowledged by us in writing.
I. Conclusion of Contract, Services, Prices, Payment
1. In the case of a booking request, a contract is deemed concluded with our verbal or written booking confirmation. Other than that, verbal agreements shall only become legally effective when they have been confirmed in writing by our company. Our offers are subject to change without notice.
2. Option waiting periods are binding for both sides. We reserve the right to assign the reserved rooms elsewhere once the option waiting period has expired. The subletting or reletting of bedrooms, rooms and allocated quotas requires our written consent.
3. If the content of the reservation confirmation deviates from the content of the registration, the deviating content becomes binding for both parties if the offered option of a waiting period is not used within 10 days.
4. Reserved event rooms are available at the agreed time in a binding manner. Any form of use of the rooms that goes beyond the agreed time period will require prior consultation with the contact person (as stated in the offer letter). Should agreed venues not be available on our premises for any reason whatsoever, we shall be obliged to provide a replacement.
5. We provide the personnel for an event free of charge until 1.00 a.m. If the service personnel are required beyond this period, the organiser will be charged 18.00 EUR incl. VAT for the service per employee per commenced hour.
6. The contractually-agreed services are specified in the invitation to tender in the menu folder and in the details provided in the reservation confirmation referring to them. Unless otherwise agreed, the information in our menu folder shall apply, with the prices valid at the time, or the conditions valid at the time of the sent and signed offer/contract.
7. The stated prices are inclusive prices and include service and value added tax. If the rate of value added tax changes subsequent to conclusion of the contract, the agreed price shall change accordingly. If the period between the conclusion of the contract and the provision of service exceeds 6 months, then we have the right to change prices without prior notice.
8. For events and banquets, we are entitled to demand an advance payment of up to 50% of the invoicing basis. In the case of a hotel stay, accruing claims can become due by issuing an interim invoice and immediate payment can be demanded.
9. Without the due date specified, our invoices are payable by EC / Visa / MasterCard payment or by bank transfer within 10 days of the invoice date, without deduction for payments made in cash.
10. Vouchers cannot be paid out.
II. Withdrawal/ Cancellation by Customer
1. The following provisions apply:
Room bookings cancelled up to 21 days before arrival can be cancelled free of charge. After that or in case of non-arrival
Overnight stay / full board 60%
Overnight stay / Half board 70%
Overnight stay / breakfast 80 %
Banquet bookings, conference lump sums, room fees
free-of-charge right of withdrawal up to 21 days before arrival
from 20 days to 10 days before the start of the event, 50 %.
from 9 days to 3 days before the start of the event, 60%.
from 2 days before the beginning of the event, 100 %.
The percentage shall be calculated on the basis of the agreed price.
2. A change in the number of persons requires our written confirmation. The day on which the start of the service falls is not included in the calculation of the withdrawal periods. To comply with the respective deadline, we must receive the declaration of withdrawal by 6.00 p.m. on the day of expiry of the deadline at the latest.
3. If events during which meals are served are cancelled up to 72 hours prior to the start of the event, 60% of the ordered menu price must be paid, as calculated on the basis of the total agreed number of guests. Otherwise, the total number of guests agreed upon will be the basis for payment. In all other respects, the number of persons stated in the reservation/order confirmations shall constitute the basis of the invoice, with a leeway of +/- 10% up to 12 hours before the event commences.
4. Unless otherwise agreed, all drinks will be charged in accordance with consumption.
5. The organiser / customer is liable for the payment of any additional food and drinks ordered by the event participants as well as for any other services ordered.
6. Apart from this, a withdrawal from the contract shall only be permissible with our written confirmation.
7. We reserve the right to send an invoice or deduct it from the EC card for open invoice amounts, as well as for used or opened food and beverages that have not been paid for.
III. Withdrawal of Schlosshotel Ingelfingen
1. We shall be entitled to withdraw from the contract for objectively justified reasons, for example if
– force majeure or other circumstances for which we are not responsible make contract fulfilment impossible; in this case we shall immediately refund the advance payment made.
– the customer does not make an advance payment even after expiry of a reasonable grace period set by us, including the threat of rejection;
– events are booked under misleading or false statements of essential facts, e.g. regarding the organiser or purpose of the event;
– there are reasonable grounds to believe that the event may jeopardise our smooth business operations, or the safety or public reputation of our company.
2. We have to inform the customer immediately regarding the decision to exercise the right of withdrawal.
3. The customer shall not be entitled to claim damages from us, except in the case of wilful and grossly negligent conduct on our part.
4. Any use of the rooms provided to the customer in a manner that deviates from the agreement shall entitle us to terminate the contractual relationship without notice, without thereby reducing the entitlement to the agreed remuneration; the customer shall reserve the right to provide proof of lower damages.
IV. Arrival and Departure
1. The reserved rooms are available to the customer after 2.00 p.m. on the agreed day of arrival. Unless we have expressly confirmed this, there is no entitlement to earlier availability of the rooms.
2. Unless we have confirmed this in writing, the customer shall not acquire any entitlement to the provision of specific rooms or premises.
3. On the agreed day of departure, the rooms must be vacated and made available to us by 11.00 a.m. at the latest. In the case of a later departure, the daily room price can be charged for the additional use of the room until 6 p.m. in addition to the resulting damage. From 6.00 o’clock in the evening, the full room price is to be paid.
V. Liability of Schloßhotel, Statute of Limitations
1. If Schloßhotel is hindered in the performance of its services due to force majeure or strike, no liability for damages can be derived from this. However, we will endeavour to find other, equivalent replacements.
2. We shall be liable to the customer in accordance with the provisions of § 701 BGB [German Civil Code]. The liability is limited to fifty times the overnight price, with a maximum of EUR 2,500.00, however a maximum of EUR 500.00 for money and valuables applies. Unless they have been placed in our care against confirmation of receipt, no liability shall be assumed for items taken along to the premises (e.g. seminar and conference equipment such as video recorders, monitors, cameras, EDP equipment, etc.). This also applies to goods taken into sales exhibitions or product presentations.
3. If the customer claims damages based on injury to life, limb or health, we shall be liable in accordance with the statutory provisions. In addition to this, we are liable, according to the legal regulations, as far as the customer submits claims regarding other damages that are based on an intentional or grossly negligent damage by representatives or vicarious agents of Schloßhotel. Insofar as we are not being accused of intentional damage, liability for damages with regard to other damages shall be limited to the foreseeable, typically occurring damage. Schloßhotel is liable in accordance with the legal regulations, if we culpably violate an essential contractual obligation; in this case, however, the liability for damages is limited to the foreseeable, typically occurring damage. Otherwise liability is excluded.
4. If a parking space is made available to the customer on the hotel car park, even for a fee, this shall not constitute a custody agreement. There is no monitoring obligation on our part. No liability shall be assumed in the event of loss of or damage to motor vehicles parked on the hotel property and their contents, unless the damage is due to intentional or grossly negligent damage caused by representatives or vicarious agents of our hotel. In this case, the claim for damage must be asserted at the latest before leaving the hotel property.
5. We shall endeavour to execute orders with other services, including wake-up calls, with the greatest possible care, but customers‘ claims for damages are excluded.
6. Mail and consignments of goods to the attention of the customer will be handled with care. We take care of storage, delivery and, if desired, forwarding. The costs for these services shall be borne by the guest. However, liability for loss, delay or damage is excluded.
7. Upon request, we can provide free transport of passengers and luggage in certain cases. Liability for personal injury and damage to property is limited to the statutory motor vehicle insurance. Liability is completely excluded for losses and delays.
8. As far as is legally permissible, the statute of limitations is 6 months in case of a liability of Schloßhotel.
VI. Liability of the guest / organiser for damage
1. The customer is liable for any damage caused by him or his guests.
2. The customer is liable for all damage to buildings or inventory caused by event participants or visitors, employees, other third parties in his area of responsibility or himself.
3. In justified cases, Schloßhotel may require the customer to provide appropriate securities (e.g. insurance, deposits, guarantees).
4. The guest / contractual partner uses means of communication such as telephone, Internet connection on his own responsibility.
VII. Loss of or damage to items brought along
1. Any items brought along, including personal belongings, are at the risk of the customer in the event rooms or in the hotel. Except in the case of intent or gross negligence by our legal representatives or vicarious agents, we accept no liability for loss, destruction or damage.
2. The exhibition or other objects taken along to the hotel premises must be removed immediately after the end of the event, otherwise we may remove and store them at the organiser’s expense. If objects remain in the event room, we may charge rent for the duration of the stay or claim damages.
VIII. Technical equipment, installations and connections
1. The organiser is obliged to inform us of the intended installations of decorative material or other objects and to obtain our consent before concluding the contract. The event rooms may not be damaged and the decoration should correspond to the hotel’s style. The installation must be done by qualified personnel and all fire regulations must be observed. All costs associated with construction and removal shall be borne by the organiser. If necessary, we must provide evidence of instruction by the organiser with a signature, information on the relevant safety regulations for a fire and fire drill, as well as information on first aid facilities and measures.
2. To the extent possible, any malfunctions in the technical or other equipment provided shall be fixed immediately. However, retention or reduction of payment is not permissible. Exceptions are possible in individual cases, these are decided by the management and have no influence on other cases.
IX. Final provisions
The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply. The data required within the framework of a contractual relationship is processed and stored by computer. It goes without saying that personal data will be treated confidentially. The invalidity of individual provisions of the contract or of these conditions shall not affect the validity of the remaining stipulations. Place of performance and place of payment is Ingelfingen To the extent permitted by law, Künzelsau shall be the place of jurisdiction for all legal relationships between the contractual partners. In the event of a legal dispute, both parties to the contract are obliged to maintain silence.